|Q1. What is Relative Humidity?
It is a well known fact that a number gases and water vapor make up the atmospheric air. Humidity is that amount of water vapor which is invisible. A pound of air can contain 'n' quantity of water and is dependent on Pressure and Temperature of the air.
Relative Humidity is defined as the percentage of actual water content to that of saturated volume. On reaching 50% air saturation, it carries just one half of the water in comparison at the same pressure and temperature. When 100% relative humidity is achieved, the air is no longer able to hold extra water.
Q2. How Humidity Effects Industry?
Humidity negatively effects the quality of product and efficiency of the manufacturing process. Large amount of relative humidity can result in corrosion of metals such as steel; elevated activity of micro organism that can be harmful to the product and hence industry.
Q3. How do dehumidifiers work?
The operating principle of dehumidifiers is same as that of air conditioners and refrigerators. It integrates a cooling systems that cools the air, which comes in the unit. Cold Coils are helpful in accumulating the moisture in air onto their surface and then directly into a tank. The cold air passes through a set of coils (warm in nature). It is then reheated a little, slightly above the room temperature.
Q4. What is the quick thumb rule to select the equipment?
There isnât any such rule. The moisture load in a specific region is directly dependent on:
(a) Room's volume
(b) Absolute Humidity level of outdoor environment
(c) Maintenance of internal absolute humidity
(d) Vapor pressure calculated with values of (b) and (c)
(e) Migration rate of vapor calculated using (d). Also known as vapor pressure difference
(f) Conveyor openings
(g) Number of people and their activities
(h) Amount of fresh air
These are the main factor that effect the selection of dehumidifiers for a same size area.
Q5. What is ideal position of dehumidifier?
The area should be enclosed, for maximum effectiveness. Its location should be such that there should be no restriction in air flow into its coils. We recommend minimum 12 inches of air space on the both sides of humidifier.
Q6. What is the best setting for its use?
We recommend to use a separate hygrometer for calculating the correct moisture content. Then experiment with settings in such a way it cycles off upon reaching the set humidity.
Q7. What are basic features of Portable Dehumidifiers?
- Auto Stop with Full Tank Indication: Once the tank is emptied, its operation can be resumed.
- Auto-Humidity Sensor: When the set humidity level is increased or decreased, the equipment automatically starts or stops, respectively.
- CFC Free Refrigerant: Prevents depletion of ozone layer
- Compressor: Efficient and uniform operation.
- Continuous Drainage Option: With a connection of hose, water can be directed to flow out.
- Easy Roll Castors: Simple maneuvering of dehumidifier
- Economical Standby Mode: In case of ideal RH, dehumidifier goes into standby mode and hence saves electricity.
- Pre-Filter Screen: Allows increasing of equipment's lifespan, as it removes odor and other minute particles.
- Preferred Relative Humidity Settings: Turn-knob / soft-key buttons are provided for adjusting the RH level and start protecting against mold and moisture.
- Programmable Timer: Starting / stopping time can be set anywhere from 1-12 hours.
- Quiet Operation: It has 2 speed control options and does not produces noise.